Site has been Updated

1/17/2011

I just want to start by saying that I hate my hosting provider sometimes. Specifically some of the security settings that they set. For the past month I've been working on updating my site. I decided to remove BlogEngine and just write my own (99% of the features that BlogEngine has weren't being used anyway). So I write my own blog platform, do my testing locally, I even rewrote much of the code/posts that are found on my site (adding in newer versions of the code where appropriate), categorized them,  etc. So I upload my code, go to my website, and nothing shows up.

I had completely forgotten that GoDaddy sets their shared hosting accounts to medium trust and I was doing a couple things that would require something higher. So I rewrote those sections of code, rewrote my ORM code (which now works on medium trust), and got everything updated. I uploaded the site again, go to the website, and once again nothing shows up... It turns out that GoDaddy turns off reflection (well emitting anything, you can still use reflection to get info).

My entire CRUD setup was using my ORM, which in turn generates proxies, which wasn't possible with my shared hosting setup... So I had to rewrite all of my code one last time. On the bright side, I was able to speed things up considerably after going through the code a third time but I'm rather annoyed that I had to do it.

Anyway, I've made a number of updates to the posts found here, I've added some things that were on my site but missing from my utility library to the library, etc. So have a look around and happy coding.



Comments